In the animal, only one animal is qualified to hold the title “Man’s best Friend”,the dog.
There are different tales and speculations of how the dog became the best companion of man. “The only, absolute and best friend that a man has, in this selfish world, the only one that will not betray or deny him, is his DOG.” this statement is said to have been the words of King Frederick of Prussia in the year 1789.
Research states that cavern staying people of the last ice age began this interspecies kinship/ friendship. At the point when the climate got excessively cold, stone age men and ladies began taking care of extra meat to wolves who had approached their settlements. Be that as it may, during the comparative time span, wolves were likewise a serious animal varieties to people in Eurasia as both were searching for comparable preys like deer for their sustainance.
It is established that genetics and hereditary proof recommends that dogs plunged straightforwardly from wolves (Canis).
- We all know that dogs have a high sense of smell. Did you know that their sense of smell is fourty (40) times better than humans. Golden noses.
- Cheetahs are have high speed, but some dog species can out run the cheetah. Wow
- Just like humans having dominant hands, that is being left or right handed, Dogs could be left or right pawned.
- Dogs don’t see colours as we do. It’s a little faint for them.
5.A one year old dog is matured and full grown, actually, as a 15-year old human person.
- As peculiar and distinct a humans Finger prints are so also is a dogs nose prints.
- Contrary to popular thoughts, wagging a tail doesn’t always mean happy. The direction of the wagging is an important detail. To the right means happy and to the left means frightened.
- Dogs like humans dream.
- They have the capacity to fall in love. They release oxytocin too.
- Life expectancy of a dog is between 10- 14 years.
- The adult dog has a complete dentition of 42 teeths.
- Like babies, puppies have milk teeth and eventually they get them replaced with permanent teeth.
These are probably facts you never thought about, now you know.
Not only are our four legged paw companions our best friends, they also protect us from harm. Are they not just adorable? They are very loyal companions too. On an end note, did you know that the Basenji African specie don’ bark?